The required disclaimer!

This blog is NOT an official Fulbright Program blog. The views expressed are my own and not those of the Fulbright Program, the U.S. Department of State or any of its partner organizations.







Sunday, September 21, 2014

Where the streets have no name

During the day (today included) much of my time is going to be working on activities related to the grant.  Still, I've promised to show how Kigali has changed since our last visit.  Just before departing I did a little Google map search and was surprised to see that all the streets had numbers.  Its true, every street in the capital now has a street sign and is numbered.  Too bad, according to the two drivers with whom I've spoken (Zaidu and Richard), almost nobody is using them as actual landmarks or for directions.  They look great, very official and efficient. I guess if we still lived in that house "behind the yellow bar" we'd probably now say behind the yellow bar on KG 605 St.


No comments:

Post a Comment